OK, can you be a jackass and a good person at the same time? I think so, as long as you keep the good person in mind and have fun with the jackass part. I like to think of myself as a good person, and I know I’m a jackass (people tell me all the time, so it must be true).
So first, lets look at what it is to be a good person. Let’s face it, there is much less of them around than jackasses.
I think a good person is someone who follows these simple rules:
- Treat people as you would like to be treated.
- Listen to people, you have 2 ears and one mouth, use them proportionately.
- DON”T go into a conversation with a predetermined thought to say, and force it in whether it fits or not. THAT’S annoying jackass (hey, if you brag you got the jackass down).
- Truly care about your friends. That means be happy for their successes not jealous. It also means be courteous of what is important to them even if it’s not to you
- DON’T BRAG, no one likes it, and it's usually used in a way to make yourself look better and put others down. If you want to do that, do it in a more creative way. I mean you have a brain, use it fool
- BE PATIENT!! I can’t stress this enough. This will help you cope with almost anything; letting someone vent, letting a disagreement go, or lessening the effect of a bad situation, ect.
- Let someone win an argument when its important to them, and not so important to you.
- ALWAYS try to see things from other people’s point of view. Also, sincerely acknowledge their point of view before disagreeing with it.
- HELP!! When you see someone needs help, help them!!! (My God what’s wrong with you? Help people damn-it)
- Before doing something negative ask yourself what you want to accomplish (the end game) and act accordingly
Good luck and try not to get punched in the face.