Thursday, December 8, 2011

Is It Possible To Be A Jackass & A Good Person At The Same Time?


OK, can you be a jackass and a good person at the same time? I think so, as long as you keep the good person in mind and have fun with the jackass part. I like to think of myself as a good person, and I know I’m a jackass (people tell me all the time, so it must be true).

So first, lets look at what it is to be a good person. Let’s face it, there is much less of them around than jackasses. 

I think a good person is someone who follows these simple rules:
  1. Treat people as you would like to be treated.
  2.  Listen to people, you have 2 ears and one mouth, use them proportionately.
  3. DON”T go into a conversation with a predetermined thought to say, and force it in whether it fits or not. THAT’S annoying jackass (hey, if you brag you got the jackass down).
  4. Truly care about your friends. That means be happy for their successes not jealous. It also means be courteous of what is important to them even if it’s not to you
  5. DON’T BRAG, no one likes it, and it's usually used in a way to make yourself look better and put others down.  If you want to do that, do it in a more creative way. I mean you have a brain, use it fool
  6. BE PATIENT!! I can’t stress this enough. This will help you cope with almost anything; letting someone vent, letting a disagreement go, or lessening the effect of a bad situation, ect.
  7. Let someone win an argument when its important to them, and not so important to you.
  8. ALWAYS try to see things from other people’s point of view. Also, sincerely acknowledge their point of view before disagreeing with it.
  9. HELP!! When you see someone needs help, help them!!! (My God what’s wrong with you? Help people damn-it)
  10. Before doing something negative ask yourself what you want to accomplish (the end game) and act accordingly
That’s it.  If you follow these rules, you will be a good person whether you like it or not.  And the good news?  If you play your cards right, it will also let you be a jackass.  You will be able to say to someone “you know today’s not your best look”.  If you see a situation where people are arguing, you can jump in and say something completely rude and they will laugh and you will have diffused the situation.  You will even have the ability to say things that are completely political incorrect, and people wont get their panties in a bunch.  Like I said earlier, I’d like to think of myself, as a good person, and I know I’m a jackass too, a good one at that.  It’s like my mom always said, “It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you’re good at it.  If your going to be a garbage man, be the best garbage man you can be.” Well Mom, I hope you’re proud, because I’m the best jackass I can be.  I even have people tell me “you’re such a jackass, I can’t believe you get away with it” or “If I said that, I would get punched in the face, But they smile at you instead.” Well you see grasshopper, if people know you’re a good person and truly care, you can get away with stuff because everyone knows its coming from a place without mean intent.  That’s what it’s all about.   People can sense when there is intent of malice or intent to be honest and helpful.  You can: say things that are bold, call people names, make fun of them, disagree to an extreme and if they think your intent is not from an evil place, it will be accepted.  If you truly live your life as a good person (see above rules), you can be a sarcastic jackass and people will just say, “ I love that guy”(or girl) and thank you for being you.
Good luck and try not to get punched in the face.




No comments:

Post a Comment